Often there is an obstacle between you and the green. Here at St Francis Links you need to use a variety of different shots around the green and the ability to hit the ball high and a short distance will help you to reduce your strokes around the course.
Tips to hitting a high flop shot:
• Adopt a slightly wider stance and position your hands over the ball.
• Open your clubface and your stance.
• Swing path is parallel to your foot line.
• Slide the clubhead under the ball.
• Let your body unwind through the shot and finish high.
• Keep your rhythm nice and smooth.
Hitting a flop shot is all about practice and confidence. Without practice you won’t have the confidence that is necessary to execute the shot.
See you on the practice tee.
PGA Head Golf Professional