Around our course we need to be able to hit multiple shots around the green. I have played with many of you and a shot that I don’t see enough is the bump and run.
The first club that gets pulled out of the golf bag is a lob wedge or a sand wedge. In most cases this amount of loft is not needed. Even from 30 meters away if the shot allows it I like to get the ball rolling as soon as possible.
1. Choose a club with less loft, 7 Iron, 8 iron even a 9 Iron
2. Move the ball position towards your back foot
3. Open your stance slightly
4. Put your weight on the left side of your body
5. Visualize the shot, decide where you need to land the ball and imagine how far it will roll
6. Keep your hands in front of the club head for as long as possible, from the setup, during the swing and at the finish position.
7. Accelerate through the shot
Practice this shot and it will help you to reduce your handicap.
PGA Head Golf Professional